On Monday we were fortunate to be able to go on a field trip to the Gold Room where we met a gemologist. He took the time to look at all of our precious gem collections and help us figure out what each of them were. Then we got to go behind the counter and look at some of our gems under the microscope. We also looked at salt and sugar crystals under the microscope. Did you know that even though salt and sugar look similar with our eyes, when you look under a microscope they look very different. One is a perfect cube, and one isn't even close to being a cube. Can you guess which one is cubed shaped?
Here are some photos from our adventure.
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog