Since the start of the school year we have been using our classroom chime for mindful breathing. It helps us get calm and better focussed on our learning. Ms. Lirenman learned about the chime through a program called MindUp.
Today we started working through the official program and we talked about our brain and how it works. We learned about the Prefrontal Cortex, the Amygdala, and the Hippocampus and we can say all those words too. Here is a poster that we now have hanging in our classroom to help us remember.
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog